Monday 24 September 2012

Facebook: Is there a way of getting the current_location of users who are not my friends? Graph API or FQL

Let's imagine I have a user ID and username. I manually open her Facebook page (namely, http://www.facebook.com/username. And there it is! The "lives in" field appears saying she lives in wherever. Nevertheless, when I try to fetch her current_location using FQL (using Python):

q = 'SELECT uid, username, current_location FROM user WHERE uid=%s' % aUser 

I get None in the field current_location.

On the other hand, I can easily retrieve the current_location from my friends (I mean, for those friends who have made their location public):

SELECT current_location FROM user WHERE uid IN (SELECT uid2 FROM friend WHERE uid1 = me()) 

I know about the permissions, but there should be a way of fetching locations. In effect, I can see the location (lives in) of user who are not even friends of my friends. How can I do it?? Thanks in advance.

Source: http://facebook.stackoverflow.com/questions/12557357/facebook-is-there-a-way-of-getting-the-current-location-of-users-who-are-not-my

Steve Sabol Jessica Lange Aaron Paul NFL scores week 3 Joseph Gordon-Levitt space shuttle cam newton

No comments:

Post a Comment